Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sweater issues

I have worn the crap out of my sweaters this year. They are starting to get tatty. And this morning I was faced with a dilemma: which of my dirty tatty sweaters pairs best with my colorful Milly shirt?





 

Here is where I started. Milly silk tie-neck blouse with Eli Tahari cotton tan trousers. It is a frozen wasteland in my building (in more ways than the literal) so I need a sweater. I think a bright cherry red sweater might work but I don't have one. Tan sweater? No. I have a white sweater that works well with this top but that would be a white sweater with tan pants...subtract liveliness from my already dour demeanor and folks might not even see me.
 Green!

















Maybe not. Ai yi yi. I like this green sweater because it has a wildly patterned silk lining which is cool and unexpected. But it looks godawful with this shirt and if someone sees the lining in conjunction with the patterned shirt they might have a seizure. Safety first.
Black!








Ho hum. I guess this will do even though this ancient sweater that I got off of eBay when eBay was something new, cool, and useful has a big hole in it.
Really. That's it. This is what I wore to work.
I must say the outfit looks best without any sweater at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment