Thursday, August 1, 2013

July done. Plodding along!



 Hmmm. Looks terrible! I wonder what happened. I copied the screenshot as a jpg file like usual, and uploaded it here. That is what I have always done in the past. I think it has to do with the Windows 2010 change-over. Since my company switched to Windows 2010 computer stuff has changed for the worse. I don't understand how Microsoft stays in business putting out such crappy software. And my company has progressively adopted online document sharing and database sharing that it legislates everone use whether it works and is integrated across the sites or not. Kind of makes you want to slit your wrists, to be honest. I found out the crux of the problem: Global IT has goals to roll-out, but not to implement or support, their software imprimatuers. So they acheive their goal by dropping their turds on us. Ta dah! They get a nice bonus for meeting their goals. Meanwhile, the rest of us victims are working twice as long to do what we had been able to do before, trying to create fixes and work-arounds. Try contacting IT to get help? That is not in their job description.

OK I am done. I think you guys heard this song before, if you are not singing it yourself.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, let me rant about IT. Their favorite phrase is "You're all set". This of course does not meant that I'm all set. They say this when they finish their job, to their own satisfaction. What they should say is "I'm all set". So when they say "You're all set", I usually say "No, YOU are all set, because you are leaving. I'll be in touch if this doesn't work..." Hmmmmph

    Actually, your spreadsheet looks quite good. You're all set.

    ReplyDelete