Sunday, April 28, 2013

My daughter; my style icon

This is a picture of my 20 year old daughter. She attends art college in the East. So she has a head start on the clever creative arty thing that escapes me. Anyway, this kid shops almost exclusively in second hand shops, the sale racks and (ahem) my closet. In fact, that's my hand me down purple sweater (Marks and Spencer circa 1985) she is wearing in this picture. Here's the thing with that aspect: I get some clothes that look meh on me, I hand them to her, she put them on and transforms them into something hip and stylish and cool. And I immediately want whatever it was back. Anyway she is fearless in her mode of dress. She puts odd combos together and then wears them proudly, without a hint of self doubt. In fact I don't think she owns a long black cardigan. Anyway I wish I could pull this off but...mutton dressed as lamb. The time for that is past for me, but how I enjoy her happy, celebratory style of dress.
And check out that purse! Its slung around her waist.

No comments:

Post a Comment