Thursday, February 28, 2013

Two months down, ten more to go....


A whole month without a mishap. Short month, but nevertheless I am claiming it as a success. It has been cold which is apparent from my shirt usage: the sweaters have been worn 3-4 times while the red silk top has been worn only twice. My Amphetamine Bob shirt has also only been worn twice but it's really sheer and not very warm. White button down is not a favorite and has only been worn twice as well.

I am starting to stare down some less than appealing combinations. Red pants with red shirts? Teal pants with red shirts? eeeee! I will need to start wearing some skirts soon.  Also pending are some all black outfits...a relic from the punky 70-80's where ADB was totally acceptable is my preference for black clothing. I have a hard time with colors except for grey. Is that even a color?

Another unhappy discovery: my black Gap ankle pants have "shrunk" to almost unwearable size. I may have one pair of pants to replace them with...a pair of brown shiny Elie Tahari wool trousers. Shiny from dry cleaning...that's why I tend not to wear them. But I may have to bite the bullet on that one. The only other option is my tan suede shorts. Those leather shorts nearly caused a riot on Facebook so I was keeping them in the back of the closet. Hmm. Riots. Leather shorts...at work. Mwa ha ha. I may be a bit old for that. I do try to avoid looking like mutton dressed as lamb.

1 comment:

  1. I will give you five dollars if you wear those leather shorts to the office. Ten if any variety of bigwig is in town.

    ReplyDelete