Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Disguising the boringness

So here is my attempt to fool people into thinking I'm not wearing the same grey turtleneck that is in heavy rotation. I have my ancient black wool sweater over the top and a red scarf. Not tricking anyone! "There's that damned grey sweater", I heard whispered in the halls. "When is she going to have it cleaned? OMG!"

Anyway six days into February and so far so good. The black sweater in this picture was knitted for me, commissioned by my roommate in Boston. I think she saw how scrawny, poor and cold I was and took pity on me. Bless her kind heart. Note this was in 1984. Next year this sweater will be 30. Jayzus. I shouldn't have calculated that. That's not the worst of it! I have a pair of shoes I had made for me in 1980! Maybe I'll wear those to work tomorrow. With the sweater. And the cotton shirt my sister gave me for my 16th birthday. In 1977.


No comments:

Post a Comment