Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Rules are meant to be broken. OK maybe not.

I am breaking the cardinal rule of old ladies wearing vintage: Do not wear "vintage" you could have actually owned and worn when it was originally issued. Today, I have draped my corpse in my Zoran sweater dress. Zoran is a designer famous for a few things: never advertising (I think he's gone now but how could you tell? He doesn't advertise), super minimalist design, and for being fined by the FTC in 1998 for putting inaccurate content labels on his clothing. This is a minimalist black knit turtleneck dress that is comfy and all, and is the softest non-itchy cashmere ever. However, the label says "100% silk" which it most certainly is not. Win! Classic Zoran. The problem is it is a circa 1990 dress, something I certainly could have owned au courant if I had the money back in my graduate school days. It is knee length and sort of out of style right now, so I am wearing a pair of fashion-forward boots in an attempt to drag this outfit into the new century. And a grey and black scarf left behind by my daughter (I cut a tag out of the scarf this morning that said "Claires"...more fashion shame right there).

http://pinsndls.com/2012/09/12/designer-highlight-zoran/

Anyway, the dress today is not recorded on the database because I get a free pass for wearing a dress. I have a presentation today but its a short one so while I have to look nice I don't have to look nice all day. I do have to look nice all day tomorrow so I'll likely trot out a Theory suit. Same old same old but I'm doing that square peg/round hole thing with that suit on. I look totally normal in that suit. I think. That's what I tell myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment