Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sister's birthday!

Today is my little sister's birthday. We are both middle aged women now so it feels weird to refer to her as my "little" sister. But truth told she is little and petite and was always and still is "the pretty sister". Burns me up. You know, like Taming of the Shrew? In order for the beautiful little sister to get married they have to foist the battle ax older sister off on some unsuspecting man? Yeah, that's me. Old battle ax. But it's OK! I'm OVER IT now! I'm "vivacious"! Fuck that.

Anyway I love my little sister dearly, her being petite and beautiful notwithstanding. I hope she's having a great day at work over at the USGS (oh did I mention that she's a damned Geophysicist? So brilliant as well as lovely?) and I hope she likes the cookies I dropped off for her.

Here is what I wore on this auspicious day. When I got to work I wrapped a colorful vintage scarf around my neck to keep warm and add color.

Battle ax ready to do damage

2 comments:

  1. As your little sister, I need to say thank you for the praise, and to remind you that I am essentially unemployed. Also, your selfies are better than mine - unless you are taking about 20 and only posting the best one. I like the bright skinny pants and skirt-with-boots looks you've been posting lately. Even the Michelle Obama skirt! I wonder what would happen if f I dressed up to that extent at the USGS...

    ReplyDelete