Saturday, November 2, 2013

Hair dye. October finished. My big ass is a good thing.

It makes me sad to realize that most of my female compatriots at work dye their hair. Even the ones with a healthy distain for fashion. It belies insecurity that I was not aware that these amazonian women at my workplace, the biotech survivor warriors of 5 or more downsizings, "doing more with less", and vicious aggressive white male bosses possessed. That they have stood strong in the face of this relentless battering, but cower at the sight of a grey hair, is profoundly disturbing to me.

Here is October. I have added some sweaters. The J Crew cashmere turtle neck is really shabby. It is completely covered with pills but its warm. Target sweater is also shabby, and purple Martin and Osa is from a chain started by Gap, I think (Fourth and Towne?) that was aimed at middle aged women. It failed. Because all us middle-aged women are in denial right up to the elastic waist pants and flower printed sweatshirts that mark "old age". OMG I look frumpy in these shirts.

I have a new lady boss at work (probably dyes her hair) who while possibly younger than me dresses very conservatively. But she probably thinks I'm insane. These combos look terrible.


Finally, there was a study published recently is the International Journal of Obesity showing that women with big cabooses were healthier, and had smarter kids, than their narrow-assed compatriots. Here is a link to the abstract if you don't believe me (I don't see the smarter kid thing here. I read that else where. Something to do with Omega-3 fatty acids during pregnancy or something):
http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v34/n6/abs/ijo2009286a.html
 

That big ass means I will live forever

No comments:

Post a Comment