Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

What to wear to brunch with the family? I tried on many dresses this morning. Black lace? Uh, no. Favorite Leifsdottir is gorgeous but I have always had varicose veins and the effect of pretty dress and veins was off putting. Vintage red lace? Loved that because I was channeling Donna Reed and I thought how appropriate for Mothers Day! But then I remembered that my family members might not be so amused and since this is a family event I should try to fit in.  So I ended up with this:

A couple of things to point out: that bright colored skirt is not in the database and neither is that white t shirt. This gives you an idea of just how much crap I have in my closet. I love those shoes. Like my new haircut? And you can't see it but I'm wearing a pretty gold and garnet necklace that my spousie gave me.
Finally, note that I always photograph my iPhone 5 in these awful selfies and today I debut my flashy new cellphone cover. It is a Mother's Day gift from my sweet little boy!

OK back to our regularly scheduled program.

No comments:

Post a Comment