Friday, May 17, 2013

Getting my money's worth

I love my red corderoy pants. I paid $40 for them at Therapy, a little shop in downtown Mountain View that serves primarily to clothe the local cadre of shrieking overweight hipster girls. However, as these excellent pants show, one must not dismiss such places out of hand. My mom once told me that you could be well dressed no matter where you shopped as long as you had style and taste. I think she was talking about JC Penney, back in the 1970s. I think she is probably right. If your own personal style is adhered to, you can find things reasonable to wear anywhere. So yeah, don't eschew the hipster places, and Goodwill, because sometimes you will find an excellent gem.

The shirt is an ancient Classiques silk wrap style shirt that I also love and have gotten my money's worth out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment