Monday, July 22, 2013

Royal baby day

Hello,
It may be silly but I am delighted by the arrival of William and Catherine's baby boy. I was touched when William was born, his mama holding him in front of the hospital in white knee socks. She looked so, um, vulnerable? Small and young and sweet. Maybe not in real life but that is how it looked to me. So now that baby has his own baby. The circle of life. It's not trivial really. I'm delighted at the presence of any new baby.
Then they grow up and nobody cares.
And this is what I had on:
A new baby is a tacit reminder of death. Its a shame that we get such a short and shabby ride across the universe. A little flash of light and that's it. All in service to make a baby. That we will love for a while. Then it will grow up. And we, then they, then their kids will be forgotten. What for?

OK I'm done now. I must need coffee, or a glucose dripline, or something.

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Sagan on our little flash of light on an insignificant corner of the galaxy
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=p86BPM1GV8M

    And a new updated pic, that i love.
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/07/22/204639834/look-cassinis-version-of-the-pale-blue-dot

    And on that dot, for this instant, you look marvelous. Its the little things, that is all we can control...

    ReplyDelete