Saturday, March 30, 2013

March done; on to April.



April flowers bring May showers. No. Something like that. Anyway there is more rain in the future but its warming up. Still mostly chilly: most worn shirt is still the round neck grey wool from Banana Republic. I have added three flowery silk shirts to the database. I guess I'm a sucker for flowery silk because I have a lot of flowery silk shirts. Anyway, I also wore my first skirt to work: a grey bias cut maxi from Eileen Fisher. It is gorgeous, but the lining is pilling up (due in some part to my infrequent leg shaving...but really. Should such expensive things be made a little better than that?)
Speaking of crappy expensive things, let me vent for a second on the quality of my Eileen Fisher boatneck sweater. I paid almost full price for that sweater because the style is good, the length is good and the wool is really soft and not itchy. However, it pills up to beat the band. Seriously, to the point where its embarrassing: since it is tunic length it looks like I have a lawn of furry curly fleece across my butt. I wear it still but am angry that I paid so much for something that looks like crap now.
OK now where was I? Nevermind I got nothing of any importance.
It is a little hard to resist the siren call of new clothing...shopping with my sister today sorely tempted me. I think I will have to promise myself a serious wardrobe refresh next year to get through this year! I can do it. I can! I just need to dig deeper into my closet. There's a ton of good stuff in there. In boxes. And salted around other closets in this house.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to throw out ALL my clothes so I can start over fresh ...... except the 1960s Ralph Lauren Jackie-O outfit that I got for 2 bucks... that can stay. And the steam punk jacket I also got for 2 bucks at Walmart when they closed out their Miley Cyrus line and then the blue linen.....
    Oh well ............

    ReplyDelete