Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Cranky Fashionista

Hello!
I've been gone a while. After that incredibly hard year of not buying anything new, I'm back with a vengeance.

So. I don't typically wear much make-up, but I have to have stock on hand in case I need to pull a professional or tidy look out on short notice. To this end, I went to the mall after perusing the internet with some ideas in mind as to what I wanted to try. On the top of my list was a Clinique lipstick called "Black Honey". It is in a class of lipstick called "almost lipstick" or something. Its very dark colored, but quite sheer and everyone online is raving about it.

So I show up at the Clinique counter and am greeted, well not really, by a very young woman who sees me coming and grabs her water bottle. I smile in what I hope is a friendly fashion.

Me: Hi! I have some questions about this lipstick.
Young lady: OK!
Me: Does it feather, or bleed?
Girl: It's very sheer (she rubs it on her hand)
Me: I see its very sheer, and such a nice color. Does it bleed or feather?
child: (Quizzical look) Its very sheer.

So I bought it. The force of her argument was overwhelming. And guess what, ladies? It bleeds to beat hell. Makes my mouth look like a horror show. Darkens up the lines in my lips and runs off all around my mouth. Looks l
ike I just ate the still beating bloody heart that I tore out of the chest of a toddler Clinique employee.

So I also bought some very nice foundation from MAC and some concealer. The helpful young lady at the MAC counter tried two different shades on concealer on, and one was much better than the other. After I paid I said "does this look ok? I am going to walk around the mall" and the girl said, "Oh god no you need to take the one concealer off" and she handed me a make-up wipe.  Thank goodness for honesty.

Anyway. Clinique Black Honey almost lipstick. For young girls with plump lips only. Or for Honey Badgers.
Almost Lipstick

Hag lips. Dont let this happen to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment